Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How tall of a riser do I need for a 95 indy sport 440 if I am 5'11"?

Also, what all do I need when buying risers? Do I need to get a throttle/brake cable extension?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
maybe a 2 or 3 inch riser. You should be able to get away without having to buy cable extensions with that riser.

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
I put a 3" riser on my XCR with no entensions. The throttle cable is VERY tight, I had to cut away a tiny part of the hood so it would not rub. You could get a 2" on there and have no issues what-so-ever. BTW, I'm 6'4" and I needed every bit of the 3" riser.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm 5'-7" and cut 2" off mine, no it's stock but if I use this math you guys are I should. I think it's all in what feels comfortable. Becarefull over stretching cables, it can cause throttle sticking ect... JimmyV13 still want to come up to the UP? shane

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
shanek said:
IJimmyV13 still want to come up to the UP? shane
Hell yeah!!!

I am staying local until I get my clutch problem straightened out. Both clutches needed some much needed attention. The secondary is working perfectly now and my new primary is on the bench that will be installed tomorrow. I am very interested in seeing what this XCR really has.

We need to start planning a good trip up there :D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Check out the freeride bars fro FLY racing. they have a height of like 5 inches. Does anyone know if these are good quality bars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts