Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sweet 16
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my liscense ive been fishing nearly everyday(lucky me:cheeky4:)..but once i hooked up my boat AND entirely rewired snowmobile trialer to my 92 camry v6 the right blinker/brake light hasnt worked...BUT it is not the trailer because every light works on my friends truck and my moms van. So i think its a wiring issue.

NOTE: I have gone over every fuse in the car and nothing is blown.

I just have no idea where to start...

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Your not spliced into the right wire. find the wire in the trunk and splice it. If you can follow back to the other splices your golden but that can be very frustrating. Is just tag where you can and tape to the harness back

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Sweet 16
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i figured it out.......the green wire to the tail light converter is dead...the whole converter needs replacement

·
Sweet 16
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt think that out......... the wire UP TO the converter is good a simple continuity test confirms the converter is dead

·
Sweet 16
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes and i bypassed the converter with an aligator clip to the green wire on the trailer and the blinker works

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Gotcha. Luckily for me i've never needed one lol. I can't get a clear picture in my phone of the labels. But from the looks of it all that really does is convert if you have a separate turn signal bulb into the single bulb. With the jumper does the brake and turn still with correctly in the trailer?

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Sweet 16
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the brake is the main reason for the converter...if i have it jumped the blinker works accordingly but i assume the brake does not since i dont have the red wire into the green(hence the need for the converter)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Except the converter allows the turn signal to still blink when the brake is on.

See, when the brake is on, the opposite happens in the 4 wire plug. It momentarily shuts off the brake light filament to blink.
When brake is not applied, the brake filament is turned on and off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts