Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad but haven't been getting much snow in the area lately and above freezing temperatures seem to be hindering good conditions. I look on trail conditions west and southwest of Colorado Springs don't seem to be too good. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to get to some good riding. Two weeks ago went to Cottonwood Pass and it was decent, had fairly deep snow up over the pass but it seemed pretty packed and I guess with as little snow as we've been getting that may be the norm. Not sure how it is now since the warm spell. Was wondering if anyone can chime in with suggestions for areas west of Springs as far up as west of Denver. Travel time is the main issue. Ideally, someone would recommend ares 2-3 hours from Springs. It's a little disappointing if you drive for several hours only to find bad conditions. Anyone in the area got recommendations? Maybe just have to wait it out for a big snow.....

·
SoCosledgal24
28 Posts
A reply for the 2015/2016 season ;)

Within 2-3 hours you could easily get to:

Leadville: Turquoise Lake, Mining District & Hagerman Pass
Salida: Marshall Pass
Buena Vista: St. Elmo, Tincup Pass & Cottonwood (which you already know about ;) )
Breck: Georgia Pass (Never have too much hope for good snow on this one and it's purely trail riding)
Crested Butte: A bit out there but always worth the drive, good snow and plenty of trail to choose from
Grand Lake Area: Anywhere up there really, willow creek pass is awesome

And if your willing to travel South there's even more fun in store
Hope that helps for this upcoming season! (Not long now!!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delay in responding.....Great info. Thank you! Plan on trying Salida this coming weekend after a hopefully heavy round of snow this week. I like the 2-3 hour trips or less because it allows me a reasonable amount of time to ride and get back home later in the day. Fired up the sleds this past week. They're gassed up and ready to go! They're oldies but still a lot of fun. 1989 Indy Tail 500 and 1990 340 Indy Sport.

·
SoCosledgal24
28 Posts
You will have a great time at Marshall with those sleds! Gotta love the oldies, my ol' 94 Jag made it more places then you would expect for being a sled that was made for the flatlands back East. Have a great ride!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts