Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just bought a sled last month(1999 polaris indy 500 classic touring) and the reverse worked fine now all of a sudden bam! when you put her in reverse all you can here is what seems to be the chain slipping, so i decided to take it apart and i come to find out that one side of the reverse case had all of its bolts put the otherside the bolts heads were all broken off so could that be the problem?
thanks
Mr. Foley

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reverse gear needs to have the little nubs on the other side to mesh with the forward gear. Due to improper adjustment it probably didn't mesh right and stripped the nubs off.Replace reverse gear and make sure slots on forward gear that it meshes to aren't worn or out of round.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reverse gear needs to have the little nubs on the other side to mesh with the forward gear. Due to improper adjustment it probably didn't mesh right and stripped the nubs off.Replace reverse gear and make sure slots on forward gear that it meshes to aren't worn or out of round.
ok ill take a look at her probably tomorow and if thats the case then ill order some new parts,
thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.