Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just purchased a polaris 2000 xc 700 deluxe limited edition...by the time I got home the reverse had vibrated the screw loose. Bought a new screw but it does not seem to be engaging. Does someone have a picture of the reverse on the xc700... The manual pic don't seem to help

Thanks

Julie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attached photos...the rod was disconnected from the actuator when I got the sled home. I figured that it vibrated loose because he had to drive on the road so much(probably 1/2 hour) and it was rough. When I pull on the rod I can even budge the reverse(not running) is that normal? I bought the appropriate screw and nut to reattach the rod... I did and when I engage the reverse...nothing moves in the lower end of the rod...I have attached a variety of pics....

Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks meberdick

I had it attached but when I pulled the reverse the handle moved to straight and nothing happened below....I adjusted the link arm length but it didn't do anything either...will it go in reverse when it is not running...boy I am truly a beginner!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is running at 2rpm's when idling... I checked the oil in the chaincase and it is like grease(thick)...is that the way it is suppose to be?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Here you go..

The case should be filled with synthetic oil, and it should NOT be thick like grease.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts