Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have to ask the dealer on that one MXZ.
One thing they did tell me was it had a chip of some sort in that burns itself out after 300 miles. Maybe it richens the mix somehow.

Chase9119....I think Doo sells a aux tank that fits right in back. Might be a nice piece of mind to have. Like you you I never pass a gas station.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I watched my fuel consumption really close this weekend. I'd say on average it was around 9.5 mpg. This is mostly on hard packed trails, & a couple high speed lake powder runs.
I am having the 10hr service done 2-morrow (more like 20hr) I was told to mention the low milage, and have them check all the cables to make sure everything is to spec. I'll let ya know if anything is found.

You are correct. At 10hrs there is a chip that burns out. This just retards the timing a little to help with break-in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ebby69k said:
I will have to ask the dealer on that one MXZ.
One thing they did tell me was it had a chip of some sort in that burns itself out after 300 miles. Maybe it richens the mix somehow.

Chase9119....I think Doo sells a aux tank that fits right in back. Might be a nice piece of mind to have. Like you you I never pass a gas station.
sounds like your talking about the dpm, its programmed to change the amount of injected oil and the fuel air mixture after so many hours (100 hours i think), keeps it nice and ritch to break your new motor in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts