Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a rumor and would like to know if anyone else has heard it too? Rumor has it that the new REV chassis is breaking between the bulkhead and tunnel. They are said to be cracking. Also I hear that they're having motor problems too. No details on what motor problems they are but, is there any truth to this or are people just full of it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't heard anything of the sort. The only thing I've heard is actually the chasis is really strong. It could be true though, I don't know, but I haven't heard it.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
If it was a problem you can bet ski-doo wouldn't come right out and admit it though. That would be one very expensive recall.

I personally have not heard of any probelms associated with the rev chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had no chasie problems yet. I find very agile and very balanced. Motor wise it takes a while for the engine to calm down after a good ride, also I find it dose'nt like long and fast lake riding. I had trouble starting it after a 3mile race against a buddy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, there haven't been any chassis problems that I am aware of. We have not heard any talk from the factory about this. If there were chassis breakage then Ski-doo WOULD issue a recall. This is a safety issue. I have heard Polaris is looking for issues to rag the REV on but they a minimal at best. Ski-doo has expanded the REV chassis for 2004. If there was a problem they would not have expanded the line.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Garganos said:
No, there haven't been any chassis problems that I am aware of. We have not heard any talk from the factory about this. If there were chassis breakage then Ski-doo WOULD issue a recall. This is a safety issue. I have heard Polaris is looking for issues to rag the REV on but they a minimal at best. Ski-doo has expanded the REV chassis for 2004. If there was a problem they would not have expanded the line.
That is a good point. I would guess that there is no problem... especially when a dealer says it. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts