Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a mistake and rode a 04' Renegade 800 over the weekend. To be frank I LOVED it!!! WOW, me likey!!

So a local dealer has a irresistible price on a 03' REV leftover. I can either get the 800 or 600 H.O. model. This is my first year back in about 10 years & find my current 600 Indy to be enough for me on the trails, but when it comes to lakes & powder I could use a bit more UMPHHH.. Do I risk getting bored with the 600 in a year or 2 or take the step up and whooss around on the 800 and grow into it.?. (Price differance of about $950 from the 600 to the 800) Responsibility is not a problem. I own a couple sportbikes & know what trouble a little bit of gas can & will get you into.

Were their any know problems on the 03' REVS?? Anyone on this list own one??

Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A fishing buddy of mine owns one and loves it. He has had no problems with it since he purchased it. It is great in deep powder and general trail riding. What a sweet machine. It is a far superior machine to your Indy as you have found out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after thorough investigation & a kick arse price I have purchased the 03' 600 H.O. REV (still in the crate) for $4792, price includes the Ski-Doo rebate & additional 1 year engine warantee on top of the 1 yr factory warantee. I pick it up 2-morrow and will have pics ASAP.
For that price I couldn't justify spending an additional $2000 for the 04' model with updated shocks, rolled chaincase & lack of the "beaver tail."

Soon to be a happy camper...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Nice sled bro!:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing engine wise. Mainly the bevertail eliminator kit, change the carbides to 6 inch from 4, possibly have my buddy play with the clutch a little (he is a certified ski-doo mechanic & knows the sweet spot for all makes & models.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Chase, Can't wait to hammer on her this weekend !!! Then I suppose I'll be going to the dealership to make a purchase!! Is it wrong to own many different brands of toys??Btw, I have a couple green stickers that would liven that thing up LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Known problems with 03 rev? I have a 600 H.O. and 1800 miles on it the rings went on the piston and fucked up my cylinder. Luckily... this was a week before the warranty ran out otherwise it would have costed me $1900.. (holy hell).. to fix it. Not to bad mouth Skidoo or anything, I love the sled. The 03 Revs have troubles with the piston rings twisting and breaking because they were made of cheap material. Skidoo fixed this problem by changing the ring type to a different material on the 04 models. When they fixed my sled they replaced the old rings with the new ones so I wouldnt have the problem again. I also heard the 03 revs were having trouble with pushing out crank seals or something not quite sure there though..

·
Registered
12 Posts
chase9119 said:
Well after thorough investigation & a kick arse price I have purchased the 03' 600 H.O. REV (still in the crate) for $4792, price includes the Ski-Doo rebate & additional 1 year engine warantee on top of the 1 yr factory warantee. I pick it up 2-morrow and will have pics ASAP.
For that price I couldn't justify spending an additional $2000 for the 04' model with updated shocks, rolled chaincase & lack of the "beaver tail."

Soon to be a happy camper...

Thats a great deal, Can I get that deal somewhere?

·
Registered
194 Posts
that an awesome deal!
just make sure any bulletins that apply to your sled have been done.
Just guessing but the retail must have been close to $8000 for that sled!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts