Snowmobile Forum banner

Rev Piston Rings

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Daner 
#1 ·
I have an 03 Rev 600 H.O. Its running on one cylinder and as far as I can see there is no hole in the piston. Everything else is fine. I heard the rings were made cheaply on the Rev and a lot of people have had trouble with them. Theres only 2000 miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem? I also read in a magazine that Skidoo has changed the piston rings on the 04 model rev because of the problems they were having with them.

#2 ·
Is it running on one because you just got it out this year? You should take a look at the carbs if that is the case... I am not sure how your carbs are but on older skidoo sleds there is an idle jet that is small and hard to see, you can see it by the floats. If you clean that (u can only fit a thin pin through it) it should run. We had to do that to my friends formula this year.

#4 ·
I'm not sure, I heard that they changed some stuff from the '03s to the '04s but not sure what the problems were causing, probly be easy enough to call a dealer and ask them, they would have seen/heard of all the problems and best troubleshooting techniques.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.