Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my understanding, the first real mod to a sled should be a clutch kit. I am sled newb, but not afraid to spend time under the hood wrenching. Within the first week of owning my sled, the chain broke and tore up the chaincase and the stator crapped the bed, so I've spent a fair amount of time repairing.....it's now time to upgrade. :D

Any help will be appreciated....as in which companies to go with also which to stay away from. I have been reading about SLP and Erlandson.

I would rather be the first sled to 90MPH, than to pass someone at 100MPH. Where I ride, there are very few places to get up over 100, and I don't ride on lakes very often. I mostly stay on the trails but occassionally make my own tracks in the powder, where applicable.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
hotseat is better than SLP for clutching there pipes and stuff are about the same, hotseats head is a lil better too, but if your planning on doing other mods there is no sense in clutching it till you do them, cuz say you buy a clutch kit for your stock sled, then next year you go out and buy twin pipes, then your going to have to get another clutch kit to match the pipes etc!! but if your planning on leaving the sled stock exept for reeds etc, then YES clutch it.

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response ProX. I'll read into the hotseat stuff.

Well, I've read about piping the triples, and it seems as though some people say they're fine with pipes and some say they'll kill it. I probably WON'T pipe it because this is not the sled that I plan on having forever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts