Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yamaha 440SS

im gunna try and replace the seal tonight with out splitting the case.. is it possible...???? flywheel side..

need help asap...

dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm crankshaft is abvout 3" long dont have socket that will pit over that..... i didnt get it out yet, any ideas for removing it..

eags

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup i got that bastard seal out, now im looking to find out what sealant to use around it if any ??????

eags

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is, doublelip.. i figure id just install it was a coat of spray oil on it or something... thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lastnight i tried to install the crankseal, i didnt hve much luck, there is a ridge in the mddle of the seal that is making it hard to get in there... is it possible to install this seal with out splitting the crankcase...

eags

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no **** eh.. thats brutal....
what else should i replace once the case is split, i guess i will need to pull the primary off too then huh ??

dave

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Pull the clutch and replace the other seal while it's apart. Get some good sealant to seal the crankcase halves when you put it back together.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I know there's a shop near me that will pull the clutch off the crank after you get it out for $10. Pretty cheap to me...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
clutch needs to remove before i can split case, there is part of the frame body in the way, the crank goes through it it sucks..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts