Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my carbs, then engine bay filled with snow after a blizzard. What should i do.

I am concerned snow got into the engine from where the carbs where. Its not packed snow there, just flurries, but he front the the engine bay is filled with snow from it coming in all the vent holes.

I was cleaning the carbs due to hard to start condition, but now I'm worried water is in the engine and it will be a nightmare to get started. Plus corrosion concerns.

Should I be worried. Should I try and vacuum it out. What should I do. I don't have access to a heated garage, or one at all for that matter.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i would clean as much snow as i could, then
put a halogen light under hood to dry as much as poss.
then spray some fogging oil in cylinders before carb
install. just my oppinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hope u clean up

i had the same porbem once on my yammha i used air compreesor to blow all the snow out then removed spark plugs fogged engine top and through intake then turn engine by hand after that put my carbs in and ran it it was fine

hope this help you

dry it , fog it good , hand trun engine , then install carbs that all i can think

hope that works like it did for me

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would just blow it out the best you can with the air compressor and don't worry about it. Unless you are going to let it sit for months like that, the little bit of water won't hurt anything and will evaporate and dry out when you get it running.

It would take an awful lot of snow to make much water.

Blake

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,124 Posts
Throw some fogging oil in the cylinders after you remove as much snow as you can and don't sweat it. Keep it in the cold and then it won't melt, turn into water, and sit in your engine.

Toss your carbs on, run it, snow melts, water boils/evaporates, everyone is happy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.