Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 98 ZR I installed the ETS Suspension upgrade kit. This kit is to make the suspension better on the trails. In doing so you loose about 2" of travel and the sled sits lower in the rear. To get the sleds rear back up to its original position can I move the rear suspension mount to the second whole just below the current whole? this would put my rear back at the level I am used to riding at. Or is this a bad idea? Why is it there if it was not ment to be used. What do you think?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Should be fine. If you look in the still shots section of this forum at Cobras zr, I believe he has already done that. Maybe just tighten the tension on the front track shock spring so you don't end up with too much ski pressure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some say it's not good for the tunnel. Does anyone know how long Cobra has had it that way and what kind of abuse it can take when it's ajusted in that lower hole? I would love to fond out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you are talking about the holes on the tunnel correct. you are not supposed to use the hole below the running board on the zr chassis due to the shock bennding. if you do use this hole you may have to reposition the hole the top of the shock mounts in. just something i read ,sno tech i think.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you are talking about the holes in the tunnel they are used for different tracks such as powder sleds have. you really wont gain any travel by doing that, but if you do you'll have to move the front arm also so it wont change the aproach angle of the track. The problem with after market parts is they all sound good but don't always perform the way they promise. I know of guys that installed that and liked it and those who hated it. If it does;nt suggest moving it then don't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll find out today if I like the upgrade or not. I am leaving this afternoon for a 3day up in Eagle River WI. I'll let you know how the upgrade works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts