Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know about rejetting a 780 with flat slide carbs? My question is do you need to remove the carburators to rejet or can it be done with them on the motor? I am going back to stock sizes of 370 and 380. One of the three is sized different from the other two.:( I think it is the center. I checked my plugs and I am on the lean side. Also does anyone know proper plug gap. Any info would be helpfull:) PS this is a 1996 model

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If you can actually get at the bottom of the carbs while they are still in the sled, you can change the jets by taking out the big bowl drain nut on the bottom. When you remove that, the fuel will drain out and you can get at the jet with an 8MM socket to remove it. It's just inside the drain hole. Make note of what sizes come out of which holes to replicate which jet goes where. I think the larger is in the middle also, but check to be sure.

·
Registered
467 Posts
you pretty much have to take them out from my experience,but yours is in an f chassis right? mine was 00 millenium so they might have been harder to get at on mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help

I'm giong to pick up the jets tomorow and I'll let you know how it went. I hope it is as easy as smallengineguy said. I'll be ready for the weakend. Thanks for your advice...:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rejetted

Well I just finnished rejetting and it was a real easy job. I took out the air box to get access. Then loosend the carb clamps and pulled them off. next I turned them upside down and drained them into a can. Remove drain plugs and change jets. I had a 350 on left a 380 center and a 400 on right. I went back to 370 left and 380 center and right. It took about one hour, cost $15.00 not bad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts