Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 1996 Polaris xc 600 today. It was registered in VT last year and i was wondering what i need to do to get it registered again. I live in CT, but have heard not to register in CT because it will get taxed.

Should i re-register it in VT? If i do that can i ride in any other states? If not what do i need to do to be able to ride in ME, NH, Canada?

This is the first sled that im getting registered, so thanks for the help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What part of CT are you from?

also if you wanna ride in NH and Maine you will have to register it for NH and Maine as VT registration dosent carry over to other states.

i believe the NH registration is like 90 dollars or something

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah ct will tax you but i do believe that ct reg transfers to vt but u still need the trail pass and insurancefor vt at least nh i dont think requires insurance but not sure ur up in canton there are actually a few decent trails in ct mainly mowhawk mountain thomaston has an ok area but its not that big naugatuck forst is pretty decent size glad to see someone else from ct on here

·
Registered
14 Posts
you dont need to register it in vt as far as under the state i don't belive if you just want to ride there but you do need to get a VAST TMA which usaully runs about 70-150 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts