Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good Trouble Shooting (Snowmobile Maintenance) Book. I'm looking for something that has a BIG list of possible problems with a reference to the possible solution for that problem. What is the best resource for maintenance/repair?

Preferably something simple to use, with diagrams and is user friendly. I don't have all my snowmobile part nomenclature down.

In case anyone want to be really helpful....
I have a 98' MXZ 500 wit less than 1000miles on it. It seems to die for no reason, usually a few+ miles into a ride. I pull the plugs (one is generally wet, and one dry) If I Pull the plugs, dry them, and then put them back in; it will generally start back up. I'm not sure if it is the plugs or just the time I took to clean the plugs that was the fix.
After this it may die again soon, or take a while. It seems to bog down right before it dies. Some times if I catch it, I can release the throttle and let it idle (sometimes I have to pump the primer to keep it running during this process) SOMETIMES, it will 'catch up' with it self and I am off again with out have to pull my arms (or pulling the plugs) off to get it started again.

I have put new plugs in. But it didn't seem to help. I have replaced the fuel pump and I cleaned the carbs last year.

I haven't had the problem until it has warmed up.........I'm stuck.

Anyway, anybody got a favorite reference manual.

Bill

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
cylmer might make one for you sled, if not ski doo makes one for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts