Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
skidoo rider all day
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I could take the packing out of my can I can't find a can for it. I don't want it super loud but is there anyway I could make it sound good?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
cut it open, rip out anything internal, and weld it back up...

bigger question is why do you want to piss off landowners and risk having trails closed, as well as tickets, just for a loud annoying sound. Snowmobiles already have a bad enough rap as-is.

·
SUMMER SUCKS!
84 Posts
cut it open, rip out anything internal, and weld it back up...

bigger question is why do you want to piss off landowners and risk having trails closed, as well as tickets, just for a loud annoying sound. Snowmobiles already have a bad enough rap as-is.
dont do that, that will cause problems down the road. if you can look into a local tecnical high school and try to find metal fab students that are up to making a new can. i do to a tec school but im in Diesel Technology so i couldnt help out too much....
cheak ebay, craigslist, or any website for an exhaust. dont gut it, they sound like crap and piss people off (including your motor!)

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Way simpler, just drill a 1" hole threw both the inlet tube and outlet! Then weld a square of metal over the hole!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts