Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
December 12, 2003

CPSC, Arctic Cat Inc. Announce Recall of Snowmobiles
The following product safety recall was conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Arctic Cat Snowmobiles

Units: 3,700

Manufacturer: Arctic Cat Inc., of Thief River Falls, Minn.

Hazard: The red plastic skis used on these 2003 model year snowmobiles could be damaged by UV light exposure. If during off-season storage, the snowmobile was stored with the skis exposed to sunlight, damage may have occurred. If UV damage has occurred, the ski may crack or break during use. If this occurs, it could lead to a loss of control that could result in severe injury or death.

Incidents/Injuries: None reported.

Description: The recalled red plastic skis (part number 1703-131) were used on a number of 2003 Arctic Cat Firecat models. All 2003 Arctic Cat Firecat snowmobiles produced with red plastic skis are included in this recall.

Sold At: Arctic Cat dealerships worldwide from June 2002 through December 2003 for between $6,500 and $8,500.

Manufactured in: Madison, S.D.

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these snowmobiles immediately. Registered owners have been notified about this recall by mail. If consumers are unsure if their snowmobile is affected, they should call Arctic Cat toll-free at (800) 279-6851 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or go to the firm’s Web site at www.arcticcat.com/snowmobiles. Consumers should have available the model name and model number of the snowmobile when they call. The model name and model number are displayed on the registration materials you received when you purchased your snowmobile, and on your operator’s manual. Consumers with a recalled snowmobile should contact their local Arctic Cat snowmobile dealer to schedule the free repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
So Mr. ProXpilot, enlighten us all of what else you have seen? And then go ahead and say that you've never seen a recall or breakdown from the other manufacturers. Yeah, that's what I thought. Same old stories from the same old retards. I think the non-Cat guys are getting sick of being whooped on......

·
Registered
228 Posts
my budd'ys got an 03' sno pro, heres the list. 4 broken shocks, three sets of radius rods, a water pump, one connecting rod 5 recalls, two shock bolts vibrated out of it, and it only had tree races on it, and FARMALL, when you have when you have a prox mod sled in your garage with 180hp you dont get whooped on by any lil kitty from the litter box, i ride wheelies past F7's, so take you green pride and kiss my @$$.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
haha 180 horsepower haha

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
jeez, your friend is really hard on his sled, and first year out with anything always has quite a few recalls, haha and why don't you try comparing apples to apples, of course a mod sled is gonan beat a factory sled silly

·
Registered
228 Posts
03' wasnt the first year for firecat. thats the sad part, when the litter box makes somethin reliable, maybe then i will think about purchasing one , but when i get stuck pulling them home because their. shocks break, a-arms snap off the bulkhead. when you dont have to hang them strait up and down to bleed the oil system cuz the factory dont know how......you can keep them... they cant even make skis. they cant even make their own motors

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i see, jeez, 7 years i've been runnnin cats, and so far the only things that have went wrong with any of mine is a crank on a 95 340 high miler and a clutch on my zr 700 - bad batch of aluminum, the first owner didn't get it recalled. it was a recall on the site. 03 was the first year for a production model firecat, 02 they were onl;y built for snowcross, which is a much different application than ditch banging. Hmmm one recall ya say, thats odd, i've seen more than one recall for the pro x's on the message boards, you must have missed em. oh ya and having to hang it up and down to bleed the oil system, i think not pal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Arctic cat

First of all, proXpilot, Lets see some pics of ur 180 piece. Then lets see some pics of it blowing by F7's. I know for a fact a stock F7 beat a stock ProX 800. I've seen it twice bud. It was pretty. Give a holla out to all the Cat fans who know where its at. Arctic Cat used to be better than polaris, is better than Polaris, and will always be better than polaris. yup.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
How do we know thats you?! Prove its you and prove its got 180 horses, until this happens not many people will believe you buddy.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
haha i was thinking the same, I was thinkin it looks like a pic from the track......... i'm with you sled rider

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
theres no way thats not a pic from the track

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
like a snow cross track, theres banners and lights and whatnot, i just don't think its him.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
i know what i meant by what i sayd is its from a track but its confusing how i wrote it

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
by the way thats not even a pro xr is it sure dont look like one

1 - 20 of 89 Posts