Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My rebuilt engine is really hard to start. When started it will only run if I have the throttle open a little. After i let it die, it wouldn't start again. It sounds like its not getting enough fuel to me, even with the choke wide open it never sounded flooded, always kind of dry. Should i try some starter fluid?
This happen to anyone else?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
Fresh gas, dry plugs, make sure you are getting spark. You may want to pull the small drain plugs under the exhaust to make sure there's not a bunch of raw gas in the crankcase as well. A rebuilt engine should be no harder to start than normal, and in most cases, should start easier than the engine did before the rebuild.

Also, if it runs only with the throttle partly open, you may need to adjust the throttle linkage. There should be 0.010 to 0.030" play from the throttle flipper to the throttle block. If you have excessive play, you may not be getting spark when the throttle is at idle, as the throttle block safety switches will kill the electricity to the engine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,
Ill follow your advice asap.
Unfortunately im not sure how the sled ran before the rebuild because i got the sled with a burnt piston. It would idle but then bog down when given throttle before i replaced the pistons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.