Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled is an 86 377 safari single carb. Basically Id like to know what someone with more experience would do in this situation. Long story short… after taking the carb apart , cleaning (completely gummed and corroded)and re-installing I can get the sled to run. The only problem I seem to have is that no matter how I try you can not get the machine to idle at all! Ive tried just about every possible setting and tuning in the clymers manual for the pilot air screw since its my understanding that it handles the idle 0 to ¼ throttle. I spoke with the prior owner, turns out he too had carb apart and “played with the main jet and pilot jet” Visually you can not tell if he had harmed anything. So I figure I can do a rebuilt to start fresh. Local dealer says that you have to order each part you need individually since they don’t make a complete rebuilt kit. Is this true??? Ive rebuild many many carbs off briggs engines and could always get a complete B/S kit. Anyway. Would it be cheaper to buy a new mikuni (on web I think for under $200) or chance getting nickled and dimed to death on a rebuild.?? If I go the new route how do you know what carb to order since there are no marking on it.. something about the throat?? Like 32 mm or 34mm etc etc. thanks for any input dave

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If it won't idle there is only one thing you can really order for it, a pilot jet. Is the hole the pilot jet screwed into clean as well (should be able to see through the hole)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts