Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parted out a mid/late 90's XLT that had the Xtra 12 in it(the sled was beat to death) Well i would like to put the rear suspension into a 90 indy trail that i have planted a 400 liquid into.

Dumb me got rid of the old frame before i took any measurements for the mounting holes for this suspension.

Does anyone have measurements for this or a template of some sort that can be had?

I also have the front that I will do at the same time, that should be just a bolt in, right?

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
I parted out a mid/late 90's XLT that had the Xtra 12 in it(the sled was beat to death) Well i would like to put the rear suspension into a 90 indy trail that i have planted a 400 liquid into.

Dumb me got rid of the old frame before i took any measurements for the mounting holes for this suspension.

Does anyone have measurements for this or a template of some sort that can be had?

I also have the front that I will do at the same time, that should be just a bolt in, right?
I do know that the IFS arms are longer on the XLT than the standard suspension arms on the smaller sleds that are not X-tra 12.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i do know this, that is why i have everything off the front of the XLT, but thank you for your input.

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Yes i do know this, that is why i have everything off the front of the XLT, but thank you for your input.
I guess what I was getting at is that I think the IFS bars mount farther back on the chassis due to length. Not saying it won't work, but probably won't be just a bolt on type of deal. I have a 96 XLT sitting back home. If you IM Rbrumm, my brother, maybe he can get you the measurments you need.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
yes the trailing arms are mounted further back on the xtra 12

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I see what you are saying. So how much of a differance is there? Can another piece be welded in?

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
if you want i can get the measurements for you off of my sled but the mounts are behind the foot stirups the plates are riveted to the running board

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
here are the measurements for the skid and the trailing arms from the drive axle to the first hole is 6 1/4 inch's first to second 23 3/4 inch's then the heights are 2 3/4 inch's for the first and 1 3/4 inch's second taken from the running board and the trailing arm mount is 17 1/2 inch's from the rear hole all are taken center to center hope this helps

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Okay, I see what you are saying. So how much of a differance is there? Can another piece be welded in?
It's quite a bit difference in length if I remember right, I wanted to put the x-tra 12 under my 500 classic, but for me, it looked like too much work. I was going to do the shocks too, but not sure of the mounting differences either between the too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PolarisGuy85 that is a big help, thank you, I think we may try this in the near future, maybe sooner if we don't get any snow.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
not a problem aslong as you have or can find the trailing arm mounts it should go good the only other thing i can see being different is the sway bar I'll get you the measurement off of mine for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts