Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 MXZ 440 and my rear suspension freezes up in cold weather. I assume the shock must have water inside it, because if temperature is above freezing, it works fine, and rides fine. When it is very cold, rear suspension will not travel at all.

Does anyone know how I can tell if I need the rear front shock with the spring, or the rear back gas or oil shock without the spring? I am inclined to think it is the gas sock in the back, since the front shocks on the skis are fine, and those are similar to the front shock of the rear suspension.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I greased pivot ponts maybe 5? years ago, is there a chance they could have water inside and be freezing rear suspension up? If so I will bring into my heated garage and grease them up before I try to replace shocks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, I will grease first, hopefully that will fix it, free is my kind of fix! Is there any other key grease areas I should do? I know there are some in the front end as well.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Replace the rearmost shock, especially if there is any sign of leaks. When you remove it, it should fully extend. If it doesn't it's bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts