Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the rear suspension, rear shock that is suppose to be adjustable on 2004 switchbacks sometimes doesnt adjust even when you turn the nob. Doesnt get harder or softer, just stays the same.

i heard this at haydays from a guy in wisconsin who owns a performance shop. I was told to take out the rear suspension and have some friends jump on it as i adjust it to make sure it works, then tell the dealer if it doesnt.

anyone hear of this before?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I Have'nt heard of that problem, but I DID just get a 2002 ProX ready for this winter. I tested the dial on the shock and ran the rear suspension through it's motions.( mainspring untensioned and tensioned) , It DEFINATELY made some difference , so I figure all the valving is working correctly. ( to test....untesion your mainsprings then dial the shock knob to 9, lift the sled so the undercarriage drops it to full extension, now, drop it. It'll stop dead for a second , then lower to the ground quite quickly. Dial to 1 or zero and repeat,,,,It'll drop Fast, but with some resistance. Also, note how quickly the undercarriage drops when you lift the sled , inaccordance to the dial position on the shock resevoir.) <---This does'nt help at all in setting up the rear suspension, but it confirms that the shock valving and shock assembly is in working order. Check for leaks too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man, that was the most help i have got thus far, thanks i will try it. i was told to remove the rear suspension and jump on it, is that worth it?

it also never occured to me to release the springs

thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMHO, Removing the undercarriage to simply check the shock is BAD advise. Although it is'nt hard to do, it's a waste of time. Where exactly where you supposed to"jump on" to check the shock?:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts