Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned all the summer dust off the 96 xlt. Readjusted the carbs and starts first pull. Had rear suspension rebuilt and painted the foot running boards.
303 all fiberglass, skis and seat. Reinstalled diode dynamics 6” light bar on front bumper. I’d stolen it for the atv and loved it on its custom perch there so I had to get another. Ready to ride. Its 70 here in nw wi so the day will come.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I have seen DNR pull people over for those light bars when out on the trail and given tickets in Wisconsin. Imho it is better to do a brighter bulb like Silverstar Ultras, I run those in mine. While it looks to be legal here it can not be anywhere close to the headlight as that will interfere with them and possibly blind someone. So be aware of that stuff. I live in NE Wi for 20 years and have snowmobiled in Wi since I was 5 so almost 40 years and never once have I needed an extra light like that and I live ride in the middle of the northwoods. Not when they make brighter bulbs like those SS Ultras and LED Upgrade for the existing lights. So might want to consider removing it just to be safe or have a DNR agent look at it to make sure it is legal. I do know Snowmobile regulations are supposed to be updated again here shortly as the last update was 2020. Not trying to be rude just giving you information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts