Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i just found a mega score. There is a snowmobile salvage yard in maryland that i heard about. The guy doesn't let anyone there though. This place is in the middle of nowhere, way of the road. Long story short, a buddy got me in there and he is willing to part with these sleds (has to be at least 150+ snowmobiles). I don't have my camera but i am looking at a 77 z440 L/C cat, you know.... the factory racer with 105 hp. I thought these sleds were picked through and gone. Nope, im lookin right at it. Been sitting here since 1982. And right beside this sled is a early 70's speedway triple, along with a couple of rupp triples. I am blown away at all of these rare and old sleds. I would like some info on what the value of the 2 sleds i mentioned i(speedway triple and z 440) or even the rupp triples. There is a pennys manhandler here... pennys made a sled? Sears snowmobile, harley davidson, yamaha, ski doo, arctic cat, skiruole, rupp, moto ski, it goes on and on, almost every snowmobile manufacture is here. I am going to try and get pics but this guy is REAL funny about his stuff. I am going to play it cool with this guy. I don't want to blow it. I think i have found a mega score. The newest sled i can find is a 1986 indy trail.

·
Registered
197 Posts
places like that are so cool

we were on vac once at Ky. Lake. We were driving around the backroads and come across this old car junk yard. All the cars were from the 40-50's but it was all over grown.

All there was, was a hand written sign that said "Honk horn or holler like hell"

got a kick outta that place!

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
I love those places make me think of american pickers hah.

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
From a vintage fan, that place needs to be photo documented for history! Even better if you could get the history of how he aquired the sleds. Good luck and hope to see some pics!

·
Registered
612 Posts
There is a place just on the outside of Rimby,Alberta ,Canada called "Snowmobile Haven " he had over 7000 sleds & 3000 bikes & ATV's ! Could you imagine what's in there !? He ships all over the world .That was 10 years ago I was there, I wonder what he has now?

·
2 stroke junky !!!
17 Posts
I think i just found a mega score. There is a snowmobile salvage yard in maryland that i heard about. The guy doesn't let anyone there though. This place is in the middle of nowhere, way of the road. Long story short, a buddy got me in there and he is willing to part with these sleds (has to be at least 150+ snowmobiles). I don't have my camera but i am looking at a 77 z440 L/C cat, you know.... the factory racer with 105 hp. I thought these sleds were picked through and gone. Nope, im lookin right at it. Been sitting here since 1982. And right beside this sled is a early 70's speedway triple, along with a couple of rupp triples. I am blown away at all of these rare and old sleds. I would like some info on what the value of the 2 sleds i mentioned i(speedway triple and z 440) or even the rupp triples. There is a pennys manhandler here... pennys made a sled? Sears snowmobile, harley davidson, yamaha, ski doo, arctic cat, skiruole, rupp, moto ski, it goes on and on, almost every snowmobile manufacture is here. I am going to try and get pics but this guy is REAL funny about his stuff. I am going to play it cool with this guy. I don't want to blow it. I think i have found a mega score. The newest sled i can find is a 1986 indy trail.
sounds pretty cool bro...throw up some poics when you can!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to try and get some pics but like i said this guy is real funny about his stuff and anyone even being there. I will try and sneak some pics with my phone. I really did feel like i was on american pickers because of what i had to go through to get in there. The above pic of the z 440 L/C is one of the sleds, just not in as good of shape. Inside the buidings is where they worked on the sleds years ago. All of the equipment is still there along with all kinds of original parts with some of the parts still in the box. There is even a machine shop still there where they did their engine work. It just looks like everything is locked in time. I am kind of breaking a promise about not telling anyone, but it is just too cool to not talk about. Especially if i'm going to buy some of these sleds. The guys deceased father was the owner. He doesn't talk much about the history of the place but there are pictures and trophys inside the one building that tells some of the story. I am just blown away and in disbelief about this place.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Maybe if you explained that it would help to preserve the history of the place by taking good pictures he might be more amenable to it.
Also offer to give him copies of every one that you take.
You might also let him know that there are others out here who are also interested in preserving that old iron too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts