Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I ride together all the time, last year in Canada my Adrenaline was just able to keep up with him (speedo reading around 106.) I kept telling him my standard MXZ would blow him away and this weekend proved it. I waved to him with my left hand doing 105(speedo) and still accelerating. To make matters worse he just put reeds in it so he could beat me. Not.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
wow, i wouldnt expect that...anything done to yours? i know the stock 800 can do a lot more than 105-106 though, or is this just when you pulled away from him?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sled is all stock except for studs, and I weigh at least 30lbs more than him. As mentioned in posts in the past I had the speedo reading 112 two years ago in canada

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
cool. once again i wouldnt think the 800 would lose. but 112 is right up there. a couple weeks ago a guy had his 800 rev up to 115, so yeah i guess you could beat him. it's in the area, 3 mph difference, which can change with conditions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To all non belivers, yes he had his throttle wide open, and has it in the shop as we speak to see if they rejetted it after installing the reeds. I was on a lake, with minimal bumps but it was still scarey holding on with one hand and waving. I only did that just to piss him off more. Pixs of my sleds can be found in Joel's garage under the garage section.

·
Registered
329 Posts
2002mxz700adren said:
To all non belivers, yes he had his throttle wide open, and has it in the shop as we speak to see if they rejetted it after installing the reeds. I was on a lake, with minimal bumps but it was still scarey holding on with one hand and waving. I only did that just to piss him off more. Pixs of my sleds can be found in Joel's garage under the garage section.
just some advice, even if the lake was smooth as butter I wouldn't risk getting killed at over 100MPH just to wave at somebody to "piss him off" as I was passing him. if you keep one handing your sled at high speed the only pics you'll have of it will be when it is totaled. in all seriousness, use both hands on the bars when your cranking on the lakes. all it would take is a tiny lump in the ice or snow pile from a track that would kick you off and barrell roll your MXZ.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
oh...you were asking HIM if his friend at it wide open. sorry about that.

but, if you think about it, if he hits a pressure crack and rolls it, what are two hands gonna do over one?

·
Registered
329 Posts
skidoo_magoo said:
oh...you were asking HIM if his friend at it wide open. sorry about that.

but, if you think about it, if he hits a pressure crack and rolls it, what are two hands gonna do over one?
i don't know man, I was just trying to give him some good advice. your always going to be in better control if you have 2 hands on anything (steering wheel, handlebars, etc). you wouldn't see dale earnhardt jr one handing his car and waving at somebody he passed, or see blair morgan do the same. if he hits anything on that lake, 2 hands firmly planted on those bars is a better bet than one. just my opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
skidoobudman8 said:
you wouldn't see dale earnhardt jr one handing his car and waving at somebody he passed, or see blair morgan do the same.
Actually I have seen Blaire do that exacte thing although he was waving more of a finger gesture than anything else, and he ws 15' in the air. :D But that was in the heat of the moment, and I would have done the same thing, after what had happend a lap before. Gotta love those firey SK boys.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
skidoobudman8 said:
i don't know man, I was just trying to give him some good advice. your always going to be in better control if you have 2 hands on anything (steering wheel, handlebars, etc). you wouldn't see dale earnhardt jr one handing his car and waving at somebody he passed, or see blair morgan do the same. if he hits anything on that lake, 2 hands firmly planted on those bars is a better bet than one. just my opinion.
i agree. if you kind of swerve real quick, you may fall off if oyu dont have both hands on. and, you are not really paying attention so you could hit a little rock or something and get thrown.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts