Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an opportunity to trade for a 93 arctic cat wildcat 700 efi and a 2 place trailer (which i have already) but i have had ski-doos and really dont know much about this sled? how fast can i expect to go? hows the handleing? anything notoriously wrong with this sled? im trading him a car stereo worth way more then his askin price but the stereo isnt worth nething to me. so im not worried about the deal just wanna know more about the sled.

thanks,

Chase

·
Registered
867 Posts
Umm be prepared..... I am dealing with the beast in question right now. This would be a 2nd sled i would think. From what i have seen once you address the commom issues, Bad wiring among others. battery.. list is long the sled is pretty reliable. I bought it for $50 as a project and im 40 hours into reqiring and testing.

You should have some sort of mechanical experiance to mess with this thing. EFI is not easy to work on.

For me its more of a project. Def not a ditch banger its heavy and she burns ridicoulus amounts of gas. We have one with just over 1k origional miles and its a blast. The thing walks right next to my buds zrt600 from bottom to top. In fact i pulled on him all day. we didnt line them up, but i had the speedo burried at 100 for a good 10 seconds still pulling hard on the fox river.

Its no pro-x though. dont get it stuck..LOL Its a muscle sled. Like a Charger RT of snowmobiles. Twin pipes sound nice though.

I burned 1/4 tank of gas in 5-6 miles.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow that much gas huh i currently have a touring e 130 miles or so per tank of gas. my buddy has a 600 zr or something lol 1.75 tanks to the same miles so we will have to fill up more but im tired of gettin left behind cuz im so slow and really dont have the money to buy a new one just able to trade i really dont work on nething myself, my buddy does all my work so he should be able to take care of ne issues so figure right around 100 or so?

·
Registered
867 Posts
The sled is worth a decent amount, but its what its going to require as far as maintance. Batteries are like $40, Belt is $60, Exhaust springs are $3 each x12

It is no slouch and speed isnt this things problem. If you look at the wiring and it looks okay and if it runs fine as is get it. it will make you smile for sure.

But make sure you drive it under full load across some powder because mine rips on the stand 8k no prob, but she bogs when you go on the lake with it.

Just because it starts doesnt mean it wont cost you a fortune in parts. Thats all.

yeah not a touring... LOL. even my xcsp600 is horrible on gas when you get into the throttle. Depends on how you drive.

Who cares though no one want to be slow. good luck. Lots of guys on this forum provided me with great help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far everyone is very helpful to me as well thanks alot will take in to consideration when i go look at it later thanks again

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
It can be a great touring sled too, even before I upgraded the suspension it was a decent trail sled (skid set up makes the difference).
As long as I run at trail speeds (35-45mph all day), I get up to 14mpg, until I run it over 50mph.
Then it will suck the tank dry pretty quickly.
I have had more mechanical problems with mine rather than electrical.
Of course, the PO did not take very good care of it which is why I got is so cheaply (6 years ago).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really thats not really bad not much different then my touring e around here there is alot of woods riding so u really dont get on it much across a 40 acre feild then back to the woods so wont really be all that bad?

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Besides, it's not so much the mpg that we're after on these as much as SMG (smiles per gallon).

This will pull like a tractor and has "yank your arms off" acceleration @ 136 hp.
The torque curve is very long on it so it has good "down low pull" and will still pull the skis up from 60mph and up.

Here's mine with the new suspension in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts