Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went riding today and put on 80 miles or so. I rode the Polaris first and noticed that it clutches out at 7600 or so, does that seem right? Top speed I got was 89 on GPS across the lake, does that seem right? It maybe had a bit more, but not much. Maybe 93 tops.

Now more importantly, I got a rear skid problem on the 06 mxz. I am thinking I blew a shock. It was cold 0F and I hit a hole hard, making it bottom out. After then, in every bigger bump I could hear the track scraping the tunnel, but when I heard that I never really felt it bottom out that much. I turned the torsion blocks all the way stiff and it still 'bottoms out'. I can stand on the back and it goes pretty low, then it only rebounds about 3-4". I can pull it up from there another 5" or better.

If you do think it is the rear shock- are they rebuildable? I think it's a throw away, so what kind of shock do you recommend replacing with?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I would think you would be able to get a little more then 89 out of it, but sounds about right.. I would think it should rev a little higher tho, around 8kish. Maybe not tho..

for the Doo, yup, same thing happened to my zl last year, and it was a blown shock.. If you dont plan on keeping the sled, just buy a cheep shock.. ryde fx is a pretty cheap shock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.