Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
If you are going to do this just so you are "loud" and want noise then you are going to attract the attention of the DNR. States have Decibel limits on snowmobile trails and I can tell you in Wisconsin they enforce it like crazy & rightfully so. Having a loud exhaust on a snowmobile can cause home owners who let the local clubs put a trail through their property to close it down. It is happening more and more as home owners have said locally they are sick & tired of snowmobiles with loud exhausts. Even if you want to do it for performance on a 500cc engine you are not going to gain but what 1mph or a couple hp? Better off doing clutch work, a set of reeds & cage, boost bottle if you can on the carburetors to even them out and just leave it alone from there.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
SLP Boost bottle will even out the pressure between the two carburetors making them working together better as a set. You can find them used on eBay and all sorts of places. As someone who has a Indy 500 you are better off doing the reeds & cage, clutching and the boost bottle vs spending several hundred on a can that won't give you anything but a 1mph or 2 at best and maybe 3-4hp. Proper clutching on that setup makes a huge difference on it.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I use EPI, SLP and others for clutch springs. I have probably 6 or 7 different Primary springs for mine. The Secondary Spring I have an EPI and a OEM Polaris Gold/Black for my secondary along with a Quad EPI Helix that is no longer made which makes a world of a difference vs a 2 angle OEM Helix. Goodwin does nice clutch work as well. Tbh you can't go wrong with Goodwin, EPI or SLP. All are top notch products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts