Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently got psi twin pipes that came off of an 03 Polaris Liberty 700 (not sure if it was a VES). Now I now that the bolt patterens are different but I mocked them up on an 01 500 VES (useing 2 bolts) and it ran amazingly. My plan is to make my own flange to convert the small block bolt pattern to the big block bolt pattern, while keeping it as short as posible to prevent fitment issues. Does anyone think it would work, and will it need to be rejetted? If so by how much? What was needed to be done for the 700 back then
Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Gas
Hood Automotive tire Product Glove Automotive design
Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
? (Also if your wondering, I didn't buy them for performance, I bought them for the sound, and if I ever get a 700 or 800. It sounds weird but I'm not aloud to have anything above a 500 becuase of my parents, so I'm doing bolt on mods that can be transferred to a higher perfromance sled.). So any and all information and/or help about them would be great. Thanks!

Here's some pictures of them in my sled...
I also have a video of it running if anyone is interested.

·
Administrator
18,622 Posts
When I had PSI's on my 97 700, I ran at least 3 sizes larger on the mains and still burned a hole in a piston. Start big and work your way down on the mains. Tuned pipes are tuned to the engine cc, you may have a bit of a time getting them to behave. Good luck!

·
Registered
26,457 Posts
Welcome
I have had run ins with Bruce many years ago!
Now that will not make power!
You may burn down your motor as Dan said!
One thing that may help with this is, to reduce the out let of the expansion section just before it goes into the stingers!
I have done alot of Dyno work and found that on my Hooper 1035 It made More HP (6hp more) with the Quiet can apposed to the Open Mod it came with

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
If you are going to do this just so you are "loud" and want noise then you are going to attract the attention of the DNR. States have Decibel limits on snowmobile trails and I can tell you in Wisconsin they enforce it like crazy & rightfully so. Having a loud exhaust on a snowmobile can cause home owners who let the local clubs put a trail through their property to close it down. It is happening more and more as home owners have said locally they are sick & tired of snowmobiles with loud exhausts. Even if you want to do it for performance on a 500cc engine you are not going to gain but what 1mph or a couple hp? Better off doing clutch work, a set of reeds & cage, boost bottle if you can on the carburetors to even them out and just leave it alone from there.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
SLP Boost bottle will even out the pressure between the two carburetors making them working together better as a set. You can find them used on eBay and all sorts of places. As someone who has a Indy 500 you are better off doing the reeds & cage, clutching and the boost bottle vs spending several hundred on a can that won't give you anything but a 1mph or 2 at best and maybe 3-4hp. Proper clutching on that setup makes a huge difference on it.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I use EPI, SLP and others for clutch springs. I have probably 6 or 7 different Primary springs for mine. The Secondary Spring I have an EPI and a OEM Polaris Gold/Black for my secondary along with a Quad EPI Helix that is no longer made which makes a world of a difference vs a 2 angle OEM Helix. Goodwin does nice clutch work as well. Tbh you can't go wrong with Goodwin, EPI or SLP. All are top notch products.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts