Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am strictly a polaris rider, but im lookin for a new sled for my dad, I was wonderin how you guys like tose f7s. HOw is the suspension, power, and ergos. never ridin one so let me know.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Hey man, I'll tell you I've never ridden an F7, but if I had to buy a new sled today, and I could pick anyone it would be the F7. Go to arctic-cat.com and look at the specs...

I've heard there is basically nothing faster than the F7 at the grass-drags.

The things is incredibly easy to lean into corners with because of the narrow tunnel and very comfortable to sit in.

If you haven't seen one in person you must, they are soooo sexy...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your reply. I have seen them but i never riden one, I was wonderin how they handle in the whoops and just like trail cruising. How about the reliability, i heard last year they had some problems with them.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Last year i think there were something like 7 recalls (service bulletins they call them) on them. They're all taken care of for 2004 though :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'm also a polaris-man, but just because that's what i own at the time. i am not brand-loyal. my friend has an f-5, it's got good power, alright suspension, but i hate the way it handles. probably just me, but i like my polaris a lot better. the firecat tends to jump all over the trail and can scare the crap outta ya if you're not ready. if i were you, i would look to get him a '02 or '03 polaris. i dont like the new tunnel on the '04's. the seats are too wide. just my oppinion though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks a lot hillbilly800 i was worried that they wouldn't handle that well, we ride on a canal towpath were you got the water on one side and trees on the other, so if its goin to be jurky it wouldn't be that good. I got the 02 edge xc sp i love it, so thanks for your advise, ill try to talk him into buyin one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
good idea. i think my edge chassis is WAY easier to handle on the trail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i sat on an F7, and it felt goofy, like the front is too tall. and ive noticed that almost all the firecats have a colored windshield. yea, they look cool, but sitting on the machine, i couldnt see shit. especially the ones that are painted black on the inside. and the dash is huge. its like a great big black hole in front of you the whole time your riding. i would like to ride one though. preferably an F5 with a non-colored windshield. id really like to ride a new snowpro 440.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have ridden polaris may whole life i had an xc 700 last now i have an f7 there is no comparison the f7 is alot faster ,lighter and controlilbe.you will not be let down with it. but if you are a new rider dont buy it unless you want to get hurt it is to fast for begginers

·
Registered
135 Posts
It will make your sled look like a flippin brady wagon while its a ferrari. It is fast. It is light. It has a very low C.O.G. for awesome cornering, gives the rider a attack postion feel. GREAT SLED.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have never rode on a F7 yet, but, i'd say go with Yamaha, The Viper or the new Venom would be good, i'd say Yamaha is everything, fast,quality etc.... i think its the best sled out there, if you look at a arctic cat and a yamaha close up, the yamaha looks so much more quality

Overall its a good sled i guess but i just think people should give the new Yamaha's a try:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
i am not goin to get him a yamahahaha i absolulutely hate those sleds, they have the worst suspension out, after a good day of ridin you can't walk. There slow too, my edge 600 takes my uncles viper and hes got v-forces in it and i walk him. Thanks anyway

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have ridden older cats, my boss just got an '04 F7 but I haven't been out for a ride with him yet. I like my mxz, I don't have any complaints about it... It's fast and the suspension is amazing. Easy to ride, I didn't find it hard to get used to the different riding style but I am 22 and active year round. Hopping onto an old school chasis feels like the handle bars are in your knees.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
edge, if u beat him with a 600, your uncle must of been being nice to you, i have a viper and i own any sled.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
rode with a freind who was on a f7 and he bitched about the handling all day,had to use alot of body english to manuver, rode my 01 mxz said it handled twice as good with less work he's p.oed not to mention how many times it went in for recalls

·
Registered
20 Posts
yamaharyy he is never nice to me,last year when he was bone stock he was gettin pissed because i was beatin him, this year he is even more mad at me because he dropped $800 into it with 192 studs and the reeds and he still can't beat me. so if you want me to own your sled i'll take it off of your hands for you, for free. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts