Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a '00 srx this winter and have had it out a few times but my fuel gauge is still on full when I get back from riding. I fill it up before I go out each time. It's usually a few gallons. I thought maybe my fuel sender was in need of replacement or do they need to burn up more gas before the gauge drops? I guess i'm looking to find out if any other srx owners experience the same thing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
mine stays on the full mark until 3-4 gallons are used up, and even then its barely off of the mark. seems like you have to get some fuel burnt for the level to adjust.

i wouldnt call any snowmobile fuel guage accurate, until its on "E".

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed the same thing, it stays full for quite a while, then goes down fast. probably better to gauge how far you can go by your tripmeter, just figure out approximately how many miles you get to a tank.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is that way also. Does not drop like a rock though. I have only seen it under 1/2 tank a few times and at that point I am really racking up the miles. I consistently get at least 15 mpg. Do you guys get that also? 1998 SRX700

·
Registered
40 Posts
15 mpg is about what i used to get on my old one... of course that depends how often you stand on the throttle past ALL the other 700's. Those sleds run amazing if you get everthing in tune, I sold it only because of the Ride, or lack there of...

·
Registered
107 Posts
15 mpg is about what i used to get on my old one... of course that depends how often you stand on the throttle past ALL the other 700's. Those sleds run amazing if you get everthing in tune, I sold it only because of the Ride, or lack there of...
I just put an M10 in mine. What a world of difference on ride quality.

15 is the lowest I ever get. Usually higher and I don't think I baby the throttle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I put on about 60 miles last weekend and it just barely started to go down so thats what got me thinkin. Oh well, so the new fuel sender will serve as an extra. I love this sled. It definately can get you on the bumps if your not paying attention but everything else makes up for it! I'm looking forward to sinking some cash into it for next season!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts