Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, kinda new to this site, looks like a good one.

I am looking at a 2001 4-stroke 2-up for the wife. She never drives over 40mph and HATES the smell of 2-stokes, so this seems like a good fit. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I can get it for $2999, it was an old rental and has 4500 miles on it. Think he will go lower? Anything I should be sure to look at? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The only thing that worries me is "rental". They didn't come up with the phrase "Drive it like a rental" for nothing....Make sure the track is good, no leaks in the motor or chaincase, etc, chassis is straight, no hood cracks or anything that would make you think it got hit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What the engine guy said. Being a rental, there should be maintenance records with it. If the engines been maitained it SHOULD outlast everything else on the machine three fold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will be sure to check those things out and let you know what I find. It is a little scary that is was used as a rental, but then again if someone wanted to beat on a rental they souldn't be on a 2-up 4-stroke...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts