Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I just purchased a 1999 formula Z 670 and was wondering what my options were for an electric srart package and posibly a reverse package. What can I figure on paying for these parts and where is my best place to go for this parts? I am a new sled owner and really could you your guys help.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin

·
got snow?
93 Posts
Just looked it up in the ski doo catalog and reverse is $467.00 and electric start is $524.00. So a little over a grand for parts plus whatever they charge for labor.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My brother put a reverse kit on his 99 formula Z 670.
I f your good mechanically the directions were ok, you'd be able to install it yourself.
Definitely worth having on the sled.
That's a real good sled by the way, He's ridden it hard for over 5000 miles with only regular service.
Pretty sure you can add electric start, no idea how much.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
try checking out the prices on ebay too, they always have great deals on NEW and USED parts, maybe you'll get lucky, never know. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 98 & 99 Formula Z 670 and both have 6000 miles on them and I have not had any problems with them. They are pretty rough on the trail if there not groomed but other than that they are a very dependable sled.The 99 rides alot better than the 98 do to the new ski style. They start so easy I would not waste your money on electric start but reverse would be nice!

You can purchase Bovion springs that will help the ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 97 mxz 670 and i wanted to put an electric start on it. I called als snowmobile they had one bought it. goy it to myhouse there is no way it would work. there is no way to mount the starter. I talked to the head mechanic there and they asked me who sold it to me and he said they should have known it would not work. They gave me my money back. It was a little over 200 dollars. he said maybe with some major fabrication it might work. I am not sure if your sled is the same or not. the reason being the mxz has lower motor mounts so the starter would not fit in the belly pan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
wow, 200 bucks sounds like a good deal. I have a 99 formula z 670 that is now my wifes(new rev for me). Do you have a website or phone # for the place you bought it? Is that just for the starter or is it with the wiring harness?

·
Registered
46 Posts
That was complete everything included. wiring harness, starter motor and battery box. The website is www.alssnowmo.com or the # is 802-487-1000. now that starter was used but it was in very good condition. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can put electric on the 670z. my mom had a 98 with both electric and reverse. girlfriends mom just got a 99 and it came with both as well. in 99 it came with it and was called the formula deluxe I think. thats what girls moms sled is called I think. so anyone else have trouble with the rear suspension riding real rough on less than perfect trails? hers was so bad she traded it after a year and a half.. we ussually trade when the sleds are real old and lots o miles :) my 97 600 sx had 9000+ miles :) we tried to tune it but dealer didnt know what to do since it was a new skid. always wondered if we were crazy or not. seemed like a nice sled other than that problem. real grunty on the low end :) think snow guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts