Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some weight loss on my 2001 MXZ 700 and was considering putting one of these on. They are supposed to give a 9lb reduction. I am not interested in it being loud, I would prefer it to be as quiet as my stocker. I have read in other articles that they are not much louder then stock then I read something different saying they are quite loud. I am only looking for some weight loss here. I can get one pretty cheap that is in new condition. Should I spend the money or is it going to be too loud? Also the people at snostuff claim it will give a 5hp gain and I tend not to believe that hype. Anyone with experience in that end? I have heard that they actually will loose power. Just looking for opinions here. I do NOT want to be that guy with the annoyingly loud sled!

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I had one on my edge... I thought it was loud.

I sold it because I did not want to upset the neighbors, etc.

·
Mad Snowshoveler
537 Posts
If its a good price, buy it and try it out. If you don't like it sell it at the same price or a bit more :)
I have D&D twin pipes with two dinky little stingers on it, the sound is great and it really isn't much louder then the stock pipe which is really what I wanted, but not what I expected. I know its not quite the same set-up but I hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
I put a mbrp on my 600 and it was crazy loud (sounds great) but actually found a loss in bottom end, any hp gains on a can is mental hp, you think it's got power cuz the sound, as for weight tho mxz feel so light in the fist place you won't notice any loss, do you notice a full tank of gas vs a empty tank? the only reason for a can is the sound if that's what you want then get it, another reason ain't worth the money IMO

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
When I switched my 800's stock can to the MBRP one.. The weight was unbelievable! If youve ever seen a 2002-2005 edge muffler youll believe me. If your saving 10lbs why not. I think i saved 50. LOL

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a mbrp on my 600 and it was crazy loud (sounds great) but actually found a loss in bottom end, any hp gains on a can is mental hp, you think it's got power cuz the sound, as for weight tho mxz feel so light in the fist place you won't notice any loss, do you notice a full tank of gas vs a empty tank? the only reason for a can is the sound if that's what you want then get it, another reason ain't worth the money IMO
True but my tank of gas is in the centre of the sled not out hanging on the nose!! 9lbs way out there woudl be noticable I would think! I think I am gonna get it and see how loud it is. Its only a few min to switch it back if I don't like it and like was said earlier I can just sell it and get my money back!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Snostuff Rumble Pack

I have it on a F7, and it's loud!!! It pops louder at idle, and when you get on the gas & the power valves open you can hear it from far away! Makes a loud BRAAAAAP sound. There is no restriction what-so-ever in those mufflers; you can hold it up to the sky and look right through it.

It sounds sweet, but don't get rid of your stock muffler since you will want to switch back when going into more sensitive areas.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so basically put stock on for sledding trips on trails and put the can on for riding at home on the farm

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
so basically put stock on for sledding trips on trails and put the can on for riding at home on the farm
yea and if you get a ticket in Ontario they want you to bring it back to stock and bring it to the station to shoo them, 2 min swap

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i swap my can once in a while.
i put stock on when my family goes on a trip.
but put can on when going with my buddies.
takes 3.5min total.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts