Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if peak 50/50 antifreeze would be ok to run in my el tigre 6000, i have heard its only good to run arctic cat antifreeze but i am just wondering if there is any difference between arctic cat and car antifreeze so i can use it. thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Think its supposed to be 60% water 40% antifreeze. You can use antifreeze for automobiles, its the same either way and cheaper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A 50/50 mix of any ethelene gylcol anti freeze will work just fine. Just don't mix OAT antifreeze (Dex a Cool type) with regular glycol types.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is peak 50/50 a ethelene gylcol anti freeze?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Peak, like Prestone, make all types of anti freeze. If it says long life or lifetime formula on the jug, then it's probably an OAT type (usually red, orange or yellow in color). If it just say antifreeze/coolant and is green, then it is common ethylene glycol.

·
Super Moderator
16,783 Posts
The only difference between Peak green stuff and Arctic Cat green stuff is Arctic Cat makes the profit on the Arctic Cat green stuff. Use any brand you like, ethylene glycol, 50/50 or 60/40. 50/50 will protect down to -34 F. I don't know about you, but if it's that freaking cold out, I'm inside drinking hot cocoa or something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts