Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told these should bolt right on my 2000 mxz with no other parts to buy. My flex skis came right off, but the precisions don't seem to want to fit on there. I measured the distance between both skis and thbey seem to be the same. Whats the best method for getting them on. I tried having it on the ground and letting the weight of the sled push it on, I also tried jacking up one side and putting it on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a darting issue I was having trouble resolving. I was told these would make a huge difference. I ride 99% trails and lakes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stock.

I just bought a pair of precisions from an 03 Rev X. They're not getting on...I might need to grind.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check into getting a mounting kit. My brother tried the same thing with his 99 formula Z, tried to switch with his 2004 Rev, didn't fit. He just left them as is, but I'm sure there are brackets that will work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I jsut put precision skis on my 98 fz 670. mine were new. but i had to buy a bridge & instilation kit. the went on with little problems. the only problem was getting the bushing/ spacer into the bridge/ mounting bracket. but it looks sweet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as I know, 2000 and newer zx chasis sleds should be able to just switch skis.In fact, 2003 zx models came with precisions... I guess I'll need to grind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You'll have to buy the mounting adapter kit which is as expensive as the skis. Although it's fairly expensive, in my personal experience it was well worth the money. No more darting & steering has improved 200%.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts