Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carbides are making deep gouges in my garage floor and driveway. Is there some kind of device that can be slipped on skis that will cover the carbides and allow me to drive the sled on the garage floor/driveway/parking lot without causing damage?

My neighbor said he uses ski skins for this. I looked up ski skins and they look like they are meant to be permanently attached and they also don't appear to cover the carbides.

I know I can use the little dolly wheels but I was hoping there was something that strapped on the ski like a ski skin but covered the entire bottom of the ski.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
SLP make ski slips that, obviously, slip on the ski and protect what ever surface from the carbides. I bought some to do the samething your after. I do need strap them on some how for when I go in reverse to back out of my garage. They will come off the ski in reverse, but that's an easy fix.

SLP - Starting Line Products

I forgat to mention that there are some skis these do not fit, check SLP's website to verify if they will work for you or call them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, they're called ski slips, not ski skins. Yes, I think this is what my buddy was talking about. I'll check them out. Thanks for your help!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i use the rollers also. but do also have a sled
dolly. there awsome. can go over anything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if you guys had to choose between the rollers and the Sled Bed Lift -

Sled Bed Lift

which would you get?

Since the lift rolls around I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Get some dolly's. I use them to go down the road to get to a trail head. These are heavy duty 4 wheels per dolly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am going to purchase 2 sets of them Sure Grip Dollies!!!!! That looks like a good product!!!!!
You'll be happy with these. The customer support is outstanding if you need help. I use these to get to trail head 1/2 mile down the road. So each trip to the trail is about 1 mile round trip. I can't tell you how many miles I have on these, but they still look good to me. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.