Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Polaris sneak preview show yesterday, man, alot of sweet sleds to look at. :D Alot of people were there, and it seems that the new Fusion has their most attention. But the Switchback (600) and RMK 900 also has alot of attention too. ;) There were only one of each, which surprise me, comparing to five XCSP that were there.

I am most interested in XCSP and Switchback (both 600). Although I know that XCSP is better suited for long trail run and better turning control, however with 144" track on Switchback 600, would it be that much difference?

I am trying to determine which would be a better choice, but would appreciate any facts (pros and cons) that would help me. Like I said earlier, turning control would be different, but actually how much difference? I live in an area where we sometime could be riding on 8" of snow, sometime on 2-3' of snow, depending on the season. Most of time I would make my own trail then just ride on it, but sometime I like to get off trail and have a bit more fun and excitement going somewhere on a fresh, untouched snow and shoot some snow toward and around you.

It may sound like I am leaning toward the Switchback, but I am not sure if it is an overkill and worth losing the benefit of the best suspension system on XCSP?

What would you suggest? Thanks. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go with the switchback! You'll love it. It has the EdgeRMK Suspension in it. 17 inches of rear travel for one reason. Running board coolers too. THe rails after the rear swingarm have a 2.8 degree up pitch helps you turn TIGHT. Mine rides awesome and I can play in the powder really well.

IMO EdgeRMK>M10. )) But I never rode an M10 sled yet.)) But I am totally impressed with my SB. BTW it's my first NEW sled I have ever bought. Always had used. What a way to go!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd go with the switchback.....you wouldn't be limited to where you can go with that. XCSP would be okay with a deep lug track...maybe inch and a half or so...anyway, that's my opinion

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, last night I was going through the literature and it just happened that I looked at the 600 RMK. I was like, wait a minute - it looks VERY SIMILAR to the 600 Switchback. If anyone have the literature, just flip the page back and forth comparing them, and you will see that they are pretty much alike. The only difference is that RMK has deeper lug which is 2" comparing to Switchback 1.25". Also RMK supposely to have more floation but I don't know if Switchback have that too. Looking at the photos of two edge chassis, they seems very much similar, but not exactly the same if you look very closely. They both have Dual Purpose Rail (DPR) like DarkPaladin said which would help with turning on the trail.

So if they are so similar, then why not go with RMK? Also it would cost $300 less (retail). You also get a deeper lug track but would it be a bad thing if I occusionally ride it on the trail?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah, a 2 inch lug is a little too big for trail riding. You'll be destroying lugs and burning up slides with the 2 on trails. 1.25 track would be perfect with the longer track for trail and off trail. You could probably order the RMK with a 1.25 or 1.5. But if the majority of your riding is in deep powder the 2 inch would definitely be fun with a lot more powder traction, you'd just have to be willing to sacrafice possible damage when you hit a hard pack trail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts