Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sled Novice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this problem has been addressed in several other threads but am hoping that someone can help me out quickly without having to go through a lot of searching. My dad has a 90 Polaris Indy Trail 500. We got it started up this year, a little rough idle but I think some fresh gas will help that out. Anyway, when we hold the throttle to get it up to high rpms, the sled doesn't move. What is my plan of action? do i start with cleaning the clutch, are there any other quick and easy checks that I can make to determine if I need to replace the whole thing, or parts within the clutch? again, the engine is racing and the clutch wasn't reacting. I did get it to move a little at one point but not much after that. thanks,

·
Registered
470 Posts
Clean both the primary and secondary. Check for any worn or broken parts excess play etc.. Replace the belt.

At the top of the "Engine/Drive Train Forum" is a sticky that's called "Sled How-to Here!" all the info you need is there to do this.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Start by cleaning the carbs (Every Season) and sand the clutch sheves and blow them out real good! And a new belt would help too! Did you grease everything end of last season?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts