Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past winter I purchased a Polaris 4 stroke

http://www.polarisindustries.com/product/detail.asp?ContentID=03SNOTWOXFRONTIERTOURING

I really like the sled but there is a intermitent bug that occurs with the ignition or something or other.. After the machine is warmed up -about 10 miles or so- then at times the engine will tend to stall and run on only one cylinder and the headlight will go off by itself.. I've taken the sled to my dealer about 3 times but this problem keep occurring.. Like i stated it is an intermittent problem but still very annoying when it does occur.. Can anyone advise me on this? It is still under warranty.. Advice is appreciated.. Does polaris have a toll free # where I can voice my concern?

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
You can try looking at http://www.polarisindustries.com for a contact phone number for Polaris. Otherwise, I would recommend trying to have a different Polaris dealer look at your sled. Its tough to find any problems right now since it is summer, but as long as your sled it still under warranty, you should certainly try to get the problem taken care of.

Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
HELLO, YOUR PROBLEM SOUNDS VERY FAMILAR, I WORK AT A POLARIS SHOP IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, AND WE RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR ON A FRONTIER. FIRST CHECK YOUR BATTERY CONNECTIONS MAKE SURE THEY ARE TIGHT. THEY PROBABLY ARE BUT ITS WORTH CHECKING. IF SO YOUR DEALER SHOULD HAVE SOME INFO ON AN UPDATED CONTROL MODULE FOR THE LIGHTS AND EFI. THE ONE I HAD, WE REPLACED THE BOX THAT SITS RIGHT UNDER YOUR PULL START COVER WITH ALL THE WIRES GOING INTO IT. IF YOUR DEALER WONT HELP YOU, GO TO A DIFFERENT ONE BUT MAKE SURE THEY GET THE PROBLEM DOCUMENTED WITH POLARIS SO YOU CAN STILL GET HELP IF IT PERSISTS AFTER YOUR WARENTEE EXPIRES. POLARIS HAS VERY GOOD TECH SUPPORT, ALL THE DEALER HAS TO DO IS CALL THE TECH LINE AND THEY WILL GIVE THEM ALL THE INFO THEY NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts