Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! During our time in eagle river we stopped by the World Championship Ice Oval and talked with the owners. Team polaris was on site doing some testing and stuff. So they asked them if they could send out a rider onto the Snow-X track and run around on it for us. They did! Justin Tate wasn't suited up, but Mr. Local Brad Pitlik was! So he got out there on his mod sled and ripped it up, WOW! Insane! I can't wait to go back up for the derby in 2 weeks! I am a aspiring photographer and tried out my new camera. Let me know what you think, shots are in order.

www.WFO.funtigo.com

Check em' out!

·
Registered
99 Posts
cool pics hows that IQ look in person not a real fan of the look, looks like a Doo to me just differnt colors, and the spindles look weak also. but whats your impression?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
wow great pics, looks like a blastt!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THEY WERE SCARY FAST! Their wrench's told me they use Team Clutch components, along with 117 OCTANE! That means they are around 14-15:1 compression!

They were quite possibly the best looking Sno-X machines I have seen, I am die hard cat and even I liked the look of them. I am still startled at how FAST they would run out of the corners. Sorry for the unclear shot, but he wheelied that thing. I mean those 1-1/3" studs hook up, but the power, oh I want one! I am very impressed and thankful to the Hentges Racing Team, Polaris Racing, all the guys for showing us how it is done. I will be attending the derby race in 2 weeks and I am bring my camera! So prepare for some kicking shots! Thanks for the comments, I am starting a photography business this summer.

Steve-o-

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Wow man your lucky to see that!!! I like that picture where hes blasting out of the corner and roost is flying everywhere!! Sweet pics man you did good;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
sweet pics man, i agree with snowfreak, i like the one where he's roosting coming outta the corner. they look like some trick sleds.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
I want to make it out to a sno-x event this year....see these guys fly :cool: ...I can't imagine being that high on a sled....

I like the one where is looking at the camera :cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, i am very thankful for a nice camera, can't wait to get my business going!

·
Registered
329 Posts
sweet job steve-o!! I especially like the pics of him looking over AT YOU, WHILE JUMPING! I would say your photo skills were very sharp that day, and I agree, you were lucky to have been a part in something like that. Those new IQ 440's look sharp! Be sure to share the other pics when you get them!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They will be up right after the derby,

Back flip, ice racing, sno-x, i will see if i can get down to the track.

·
Registered
109 Posts
cool pics. increase shutter speed and the sled won't look blurry. Most new digital cameras allow you to do this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can go like 1/2000 i think

FZ-10 Panasoinc Lumix.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
3.1, prints a 8X10 perfectly!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If you are going to be using your zoom at all you will need to go with a higher meg. Make sure whatever camera you choose go with the highest optical zoom you can get, not digital zoom. Digital zoom is useless.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with the high optical zoom. We have a 10x optical zoom camera, the Cannon S1IS.

Although, I'll diagree with the high Megs. My gf has shot photos of me on the moto-x track and even video and they were quite clear. Again, just had to turn the dial to the "track runner" for quick shutter speed.

Oh, I meant to say our camera is only a 3.2 meg. Still shoots good photos.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well Steve mentioned he wanted to get into the photography business. I have a Olympus 3.2 meg which takes great pics but when you start using zoom your going to loose quality and thats where a higher meg will help compensate. I would reccomend Steves next digital to be a SLR. You can get much more creative with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts