Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a 98 formula Z 670. it has 3300 miles on it. what are the common problems w/ this year and model? and what's a good price? i think i can get it for 1600-1700. is that an alright price? thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a friend that has on of those. Only problem he had was the engine going on him due to not letting it warm up long enough before he cracked it open. He owes a little over $500 i think on it and when i asked his bank on how they were going to do the title change for new ownership and insurance he offered me 3800 for it before he found out it had a new oem replacement motor with less than 50 minutes runtime.

·
Registered
570 Posts
loserdude86,
Interesting screen name. Do you suffer from low self esteem? That price seems fair as long as the sled is in good shape.
RoloCade,
I have read your post 5 times and I still can't figure out what you were trying to say!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
he' saying-

his friend has one, he wanted sell it to rolocade. but rolocade's friend still owed $500 on the sled. however, his friend found a replcement motor for it, and didnt sell it. right?

good running sled though.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
opps what i originally said, i thought 3300 meant $$ not miles! so yes that does sound like a fair price, even low for the price that they go for around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i looked at the sled the other night, didnt hear it run tho. it was in good shape, the front bumper was broke but cobbled back togehter. the liquid cooler had a stud go through it, but was patched with a screw and caulk. other than that, it looked alright. im going to offer $1500. i dont really need a snowmobile, i just think it'd be fun :D. and a big improvement over my 81 citation :D.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It might be worth $1500, but it sounds like it has been whipped. When someone repairs a machine like you have described it gives you a pretty good idea on how they treated it and it wasn't good. I would look for the orange high temp RTV silicone on the exhaust and on the rest of the engine. This is a sign of a true woodchuck who is too cheap or too dumb to buy the actual gasket kits. I'm sure if you buy it you will find more problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill have to look it over really close, the ladies son drove it for a year. he's the one that 'fixed' the leak. and he said he beat on it pretty hard.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
loserdude86 said:
it was in good shape, the front bumper was broke but cobbled back togehter. the liquid cooler had a stud go through it, but was patched with a screw and caulk. :D. [/B]
You call that in good shape? I'd keep looking!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
loserdude86 said:
and he said he beat on it pretty hard.
Theres the sign right there saying DO NOT BUY ME!! if he said he beat on it then dont buy it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, it kinda scares me. he only rode it half a winter last year due to putting the clutch out. ill off around a grand for it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well would you rather him tell you that its been an old ladies sled??? almost everyone that has a sled like that pounds them pretty hard. proper maintenance is the key, as with everything. i paid $1700 for mine with bout 500miles on fresh rebuild. needed new track, hifax, chain, gears and a couple of new idler wheels. not too bad i am just learning to work on sleds and its no more difficult than cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts