Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I just got done putting a 5" riser on my sled, to do it I of course had to get an extended brake line, and a throttle cable extension.

Contrary to what someone said on here, I got an extended brake line from SLP with the 90 bend flange and it fit perfectly. So that was good.

I got the powermadd throttle extension and that's where I ran into a problem. With it installed and the in line adjustment screwed in as far as it will go, there isn't enough slack to let the engine idle, it holds it open just a little bit. Before I put it in it idled at about 1800 rpm, now it idles at about 2500 rpm. I screwed the adjustments on top of the carbs in as far as they would go, or it would be idling at about 4000 rpm which is just about when the clutch engages which is bad mkay? When your sled is sitting in a driveway pointed at the highway and you start it and it darn near takes off on it's own.. it would've been a bad day.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has any little tips to share with me on where I might be able to get a little more slack on the throttle lines to let it idle at it's usual rpm.

Just to be clear, the carb and in line throttle adjustments are in as far as they will go, so am I screwed?

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hawkster mentioned in another thread that after he put his extension on and ran it for a while it kind of broke in a little and his idle went back to normal. Anyone else had this happen?

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
I've just installed one but I havent had the snow to try it yet, nor have I started it since, ill let you know how it is though

·
Registered
83 Posts
i tried the throttle extension too and had the same problem. finally ended up junkin the extension and and got a longer after market cable. your dealer should be able to get one through WPS and mine was under $20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.