Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 99 powder special 700. has a slight hiccup around 3000-5500 rpm. idles fine and higher rpm is great. once you let off the gas from 5500 rpm+ it hiccups and ****s and sputters until it slows down to 2500, then runs perfect. when held constant throttle at 5000 rpm it is slightly non-resonseive, but when you open it up it takes off very well. is this maybe a rich low speed jet? or is it a too rich main jet?? i am new to the carb tuning world and need some direction i guess.

also does ambient air temp (outside air temp) have a major affect on the mixture? i ask this becuase it was around 35 degrees here today...

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
temp and mixture

As for your question about how temperature effects the mixture (and anybody tell me if I'm wrong cuz I'm still learning stuff) but yes, it does. The colder it gets, the thicker your oil will get. But I dont see why anything in the thirties would mess your mixture up that bad. An idea for insulating you engine on cold nights is to wrap engine in burlap bags. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tip, im sure that would help with the cold here in North dakota.

got problem solved, previous owners must have filled with 87 unleaded before selling, i filled with premium along with new plugs and she runs great! its always somthing when buyin a used sled i guess...

Happy Trails

1 - 3 of 3 Posts