Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am going through this seld and my question is this.

Right now im not 100% that it isnt fuel pump, and or bad grounding to the CDI and or ECU box. I have free days this weekend and this thing is going down.. or up.. whatever.

My question is i was going through more wiring. i found a 54G weight laying in my pan.

The way this thing acts is like it will run on the stand. 0-full throttle. No hesitation. ITs purely a load issue.

But as soon as you ask it for load on the ground it just like lugs down. Im also going to attach my voltmeter on it and run it till it bogs to watch the battery?

IS there any kind of way for me to confirm if it is the primary clutching? i mean if it was fuel pump wouldnt it bog when i ask it for WOT even on the stand? Am i missing a weight. How would the sled act with no weight in the primary. Side note it has a black primary spring, and stupid black magic stickers on it. Wondering if previous owner did a kit and put it together incorrectly.

Its like on flat ground no problem. Also when it starts bucking the lights arent dimming so it doesnt seem like a TSS/KS. those are bypassed. Also when i bypass 4pin plug it acts the same so this can be wiring correct?

How easy is it to get the primary off i have acess to a working one i can borrow. How can i make a tool? buy one?

Not ruling out wire shortage or whatnot. (waiting for a manual).

Is there suppost to be a ground going to the inside of ECU. I have a ground on the outside of the case. That runs to the Negbatt terminal anbd than to the Stator.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Easy to check if one is missing from the clutch, roll it over by hand and look.
Also if one was missing, when you ran the engine, it would vibrate like a massage chair.

ECU grounds through it's case and through the harness.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RJ. guessing he just put heavier weights in there. Ill look at it thank you. The thing vibrates pretty good i didnt really think to notice it. I though vibration was part of the wildcat fun...its not bad though just want to verify.

Im going to pickup a FP gauge on lunch and see what that says tonight. If i am losing PSI than im going to do my voltmeter test and see if the battery is dying while driving it. I can hear one relay click after the pump energizes. does this confirm its working?

This way i would know weather or not to go grab a fuel pump or battery. I jsut dont want to throw large money at it in the wrong area.

After those 2 im digging in my flywheel to check for rust. Maybe timing sensor? after that i am sending my stator to blaine...My multimeter is crap so i cannot verify if this stator is good yet. I think it has a max of 200ohms for resistance so i cannot test the low side properly. Getting another meter...

I read some guy said that unless he grounded the CDI, ECU, Stator and chassis it wouldnt run right. wondering it that is my problem. like the chassis losing groung.However how would you attach new grounds to them. Or he jsut meant as long as they are all connected together in some way?

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Yeah, the 700 is a vibrator, but if the clutch well balanced it's not that bad.
I also added vibration dampers to the ends of the handlebars which does two things. First they dampen handlebar vibration, and second, they also give another 1 1/2" of length which aids in steering.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that was the weight i found. theres a place by my house that will pull it for $20 so thats not too bad. hoping this is the issue. or was 1 major issue.

Question is would this cause that bucking jerking and not allowing me to get going on powder? it sounds all good, any opinoins?

Anyone have good tips on weight or or primary setup? while im in there. Any good replacement? how much and where can i get them>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts