Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of picking up a 02 Polaris XCSP 700 with 3,500kms on it any thing I should be looking at closely or pay special attention to? :dunno:
Thanks for all your help in advance...:thumbsup:

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
Those are pretty good sleds, and not any problems with them that I know of

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've heard only good things about em'!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
My buddy has that sled and has put 7000 miles on it with no major problems. I am a ski doo guy but it sounds like a good sled for the right price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot guys.
I am going to have a look at it this week and hopefully everything is cool and I will be adding a Polaris to the list of toys...

Cheers

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
the troll is telling the truth, I have a 2002- 700 that just broke 9000 miles!+runs+looks GREAT! I am going for the record, It will not get rebuilt untell 12,000 or she Blows whatever comes first.

·
Registered
181 Posts
are you near the kingston area? i looked at a sled that matches that description two weeks ago listen to the engine real carefuly on the pull start side i hope it is not the same one it was nice looking but the motor was junk if you are not from around here all is good. good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I am in Kingston. The sled in question is past westport. I hope its not the same one. I have not gone to see it yet but if it is then it will save me a trip.
Cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
oh man sorry it is the same one! it is really nice and clean! but the engine runs like crap and it has a bad knocking sound in the waterpump oil pump area when i got out of the car i was going to buy it on site it is the nicest one i have seen in a long time it has mech reverse and a lot of metal on the dipstick for the chaincase! i mean a lot i ended up getting an 04 700 xc near denbigh instead. i felt somthing was fishy when i called him he was asking 3700 and dropped to 3400 over the phone before i even looked at it! if you don't mind doing some work and can get it cheap enough go for it iwas not going to pay that kind of cash for a sled with an unknown problem. cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
LOL This is the same sled. Thanks for the heads up. That is what these fourms are good for. To Bad it looked like a nice sled. I really do not understnd how people can not look after there stuff....
Where are you in Kingston I am in Bayridge. Where/How did you find the sled near denbhi??

·
Registered
181 Posts
i am in inverary i found both sleds on kijiji

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
Man, 2200 miles aint spit for one of these engines, maybe just a bad waterpump bearing?+a chaincase with reverse will have fileings if its never been changed out.If you can ride it you might find out more? are you a wrench with sleds?
see how far you can move him down, in my neck of the states that sled would go for about 1800.00 if it needed a little work. if the sled itself is in GREAT condition,It might be worth a second look.:dunno:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya he is looking for $3,500.
FYI: Everything tends to be more expensive up here.
Must be because of our great health care system? :dunno:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do the 700 have a cam chain tensioner on that side.
I believe it needs maintance at 2,500 miles?
Could it be the chain loose?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts