Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my 95 vmax yesterday after replacing the head gasket. Ran great for a while. When I bought the sled the owner said it’s probably got bad gas. I decided to not mess with it because I was anxious to ride! It isn’t starting on anything but starting fluid. Could this be ice in the lines? How do I fix this?

·
Super Moderator
18,341 Posts
If it were ice in the lines, it may start on starting fluid but would not continue to run. So if it continues to run after starting, I would look at the carbs and give them a good cleaning. I would also look to make sure the enrichment circuit plungers are not stuck to the bottom of the bore, too.

If you are concerned with water in the gas, pull one of the fuel lines from a carb and put the end in a container. Pull the rope a bit to get a bit of fuel through the fuel pump and into the container. If there is water in the fuel, you should be able to see it separated in the bottom of the container. If there is water, time to drain out that fuel and clean out all the lines and the carb float bowls and get fresh gas in there.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
In any case, get a bottle of iso-heat (red bottle) and dump in there. If you have less than half a tank, only dump half of the bottle.

It won't get rid of large quantities of water, but it will help with any residual and frozen lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts