Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled seems to respond swift and agressive on flat packed snow to moderate hills with powder, at least with approx. up to 75% of throttle.

But when I hit the steep powder hill with 75%-to full throttle, it feels like I loose power and have to u-turn before I stop even on my buddys fresh trail.

While going up I hear small bursts of a "brrrrr" sound from the combustion, I guess!

while going up im not sure if I actually loose rpm or never really reach the high rpm.

When im going up steep powder it lacks power thats for sure!

any comments?
Thanks guys

·
Administrator
1,159 Posts
Have you tried driving up a steep hill that does not happen to be covered in powder? Same result?

Another nice thing to know would be what model of Ski-Doo sled you have.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
what kind of sled do you have besides a skidoo? is it a small cc'ed sled?

you may just wanna go through, and do little things like clean the carbs and some basic maintence stuff like that to see where that gets you. my 500 usually flies, but i lost so much power, just because my carbs had a tiny bit of dirt!

i hope something i said helps...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The sig under his name says this: Summit X 670 99. so i take it thats his sled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for reply! all good to know

I took my sled out riding to find out some more and wanted to start out with fresh plugs then I noticed that one of the plug caples came right of with that little "plug top" in it...jeeez!

Went out for a couple of hours my knuckles still hurt from klinging to the handlebars :D

tonight I´ll sleep like a baby

I hope that was it....for now....muahahahaa

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
magoo, it was the little caption right under his name not the one in red. Is she running good now?:D From the sounds of it she is!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
nah it's ok.. its just a scene from Aqua Teen Hungerforce came to mind... Mastershake is trying to get Meatwad to eat a TV cord, and meatwad says "youre messin with me, arent you?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts