Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Acually, polaris makes the worse ATV's. They have been known to fall apart. They should stick with sleds.:eek:

·
Registered
329 Posts
snowrida said:
Acually, polaris makes the worse ATV's. They have been known to fall apart. They should stick with sleds.:eek:
Is this hear-say or personal experience???

I've beatin' the living crap out of my father-in-laws o2' Sportsman 500 with ZERO problems. Have had it up to the handlebars in the bogs, used over & over as a weekend work horse, Plows the driveway every snowfall. Not one issue.
My buddy has the o3' sportsman 700. He's shattered the foot peg, and blown a belt, but that is all from abuse (running over 4"+ diameter trees, trail blazing.) We even have a picture of the 700 pulling a full sized F-150 out of a ditch during a snowstorm!

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Well maybe the people I know that have bought polaris ATV's must have gotten the lemons. They make noise and fall apart.
Seems always something is wrong. I have had Kawasaki ATV's for over 20 year's and have had nothing but reliability out of them. Everyone has there own preference. Didn't mean to knock a certain brand.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not trying to start a brand war. Just tired of people saying "this" & "this" about such brand with out first hand experience... Which it seems you have witnessed the bad & the good personally. Its all good! :D

I do know the 700 came out well before there time & they do have a couple of issues. (the rattle noise is actually the manifold resting on a motormount!?!? Overtime it will wear a hole in the manifold.) If you upgrade the tires you have clearence issues... IMHO they tried to squeeze that big a$$ motor in to small of a space. For the most part from personal experience the 400 & 500 are farley sound machines. Can't weight to try out the new 800, and see if its all it can be.

Now if Honda would have put a real tranny in the new four-trax I would have one in my garage right now!!

As for the falling apart issues, I've seen many of guys who bought "four wheelers" when they should be owning a Quad. Big difference there. The Four Wheelers are built to play in the mud & be a general workhorse, not constantly pound the trails at high speeds. & this goes for all brands.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i've ridden a few different atvs but i own a yamaha timberwolf, 1995, and its never let me down. im not a big polaris fan because i don't liek the transmission, i like being able to shift gears and what not, its more fun :D i also like the arctic cat quads, they are pretty stable and powerful, my friend has a 300 and i've never seen it run out of power :confused: what do we need 800's for? lol. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4 Posts
i currently own a 2004 scrambler 500. i've owned yamahas and hondas before for years. this quad is great and has not given me any problems except for a bad battery when i first bought it. i believe polaris is just as reliable as any other manufacturer. every manufactuer can experience problems with any of their models from time to time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honda or nuttin

I am a diehard polaris sled rider,From wut i have seen and owned it is the most reliable, but i ride honda quads I currently own a 03 Honda Rincon 650 with 3900 miles on it, it all orig exept the tires. And I have never had a prob with the tranny, My uncle owns a 04 sportsman 700 and we hooked up and i pulled him back as his belt burnt lol. I DONT mean to bash polaris ATV's but i love honda

·
Registered
9 Posts
No first hand experience with Polaris, but I know a few people with Sportsmen and have heard zero complaints. In the ATV world Polaris has been a step ahead for a while now and they are commited to their line-up. When the 03 Predators came out there were a few transmission problems. I ride with a guy that had this same problem on his and Polaris was nothing but helpful and took care of it. They also fixed the problem completely for 04.

-Marc

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My dad has a 1994 Polaris 400L and it is a Piece of SH!T!! There is always something wrong with it, he has spent over 800$ more then three times from it being at the shop. But the Sportsman series are really nice and workhorses!! My moms xplorer 300 isnt bad, it is making this weird noise now like there is a bad link in the chain or a bent sprocket.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
there chassis and rider position is bad, they are never comfortable to sit on. and the stupid front suspension. all plastic floorboards.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Sesnopro are you talking about the sportsman?? because my dads doesnt have plastic floorboards, but my mom does. So it must be the newer ones have plactic floorboards. But they are very strong, if it wasnt why would they put them there?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Re: Honda or nuttin

division4mx16 said:
I am a diehard polaris sled rider,From wut i have seen and owned it is the most reliable, but i ride honda quads I currently own a 03 Honda Rincon 650 with 3900 miles on it, it all orig exept the tires. And I have never had a prob with the tranny, My uncle owns a 04 sportsman 700 and we hooked up and i pulled him back as his belt burnt lol. I DONT mean to bash polaris ATV's but i love honda
It's ok. I think Polaris ATV's are POS too.

·
Registered
228 Posts
o yea? well i have an 83 polaris scrambler 250 3 wheeler. lmao i seriously do have one. and it is a piece of junk. its so dumb its kinda cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts